Wednesday, November 11, 2009

American Judas Rebooted

It has been 6 months since my last entry. Admittedly, it has been depressing to realize that nothing significant has changed where Justice in America is concerned. Sibel Edmonds can now talk the talk, but Larry Franklin can't walk the walk. Not the perp walk, anyway. As far as Sibel Edmonds' talk is concerned, it brings to mind the philosophical question about a tree falling in the woods. If Sibel Edmonds talks, and MSM doesn't cover it, does it matter? I'll write more about that later.

But I regret that my feelings on these matters have caused my writing to slip. I want to commit to writing at least one entry a week. We'll see if I can keep to that standard. American Judas needs a focus that goes beyond administrations, just as deep politics always does. The faces change, but as far as I can see in this country, the Deep State has remained the same.

However, any investigation into these matters need to take into account the twin crises we face in Global Climate Change and Peak Oil. These crises are basically flip sides of the same coin: a global scenario of permanently declining resources, which besides oil include gas, water etc. ad nauseum, against a growing population in a system (Global Capitalism) whose health is predicated on infinite growth. Something's got to give. And I intend to document as much as I can.

More than that, I want to personalize this. These civilization changing events affect everyone, but unless I provide my personal perspective, I run the risk that it ends up sounding depersonalized. Documenting this decline need not be drudgery. I'm a big movie fan, so if my weekly blog entries end up being movie reviews deconstructed through the prism of Peak Oil, so be it. I'll start that way with my next entry, a review of Collapse, which I bought a ticket for this Friday, November 13 at the Sunset 5. Michael Ruppert will be doing a Q&A session, so I'll try to come up with a good question. Hopefully, that will be a good start to get this blog back on schedule.

No comments: